Views: 99 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-10-20 Origin: Site
Properly measuring the height of your pet is essential to ensure that you purchase a flap that will allow your pet to use it comfortably for a lifetime.
You need to remember how high the dog gate will be installed above the ground. The space between the flap and the ground is called "stride". The lower the crossing, the better, so that your dog can pass comfortably. As your pet grows up, they may start to find it difficult to get past the high door.
1. Measure the height of your pet. Stand up straight for pets. Find the highest point of the pet's back: below the neck and between the shoulder blades. Measure the height of the dog from the floor to this point.
2. The top of the flap is at least 1 inch higher than the pet's back. Even smaller dogs have a tendency to break into pet doors. If the top of the flap is not high enough, your pet may hurt their back every time they pass through the door. You also don't want the dog's collar to get stuck on the top of the door, because it will wear the door and may harm your pet!
3. The step height should not exceed 1/3 of the pet's height. The door bracket usually requires a step of at least 3 inches to avoid compromising the integrity of the door. The pace should be as low as possible to allow your pet to pass comfortably, which will make it easier for them as they age.
4. Measure the width of the pet door. The width of the required opening can be measured by covering a part of the doorway and opening only the expected width and calling the pet. This will let you know if the width of the door is too small. They should be able to pass through the door smoothly.
5. Create a simulated pet door on the cardboard. Once the size of the pet door required is determined, we recommend that you remove the size of the baffle and copy it to cardboard to see if the pet can pass through. This is not always necessary, but it is a good way to make sure there is no doubt!
You will need to measure the largest and smaller pets. You need a pet door with a petal height that is at least 1 inch higher than the door of the largest pet, and the height from the floor to their back must not exceed 1/3 of the minimum pet height. This will provide you with the best dog door size for your family!
It is not difficult to open a pet door on the door, but to be honest, there is still a certain safety hazard. After all, the pet door cannot be opened too small, so decide whether to open the door according to the situation.